p reg citroen synergie

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

p reg citroen synergie

Post by dave2011 »

hi guys. :) the rear engine mount is knackard on my synergie. been told the drive shaft/gearbox oil ect ect has to be removed to do the job to fit it. any ways round this? been told it has to be pressed in with a press.cheers guys :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Dave,

That's a reasonable description of the job I'm sorry to say, no avoiding removing the driveshaft and loosing a lot of gearbox oil in the process.

Yes, new bush is best pressed in although some have managed it using washers, studding and big vices...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers jim. oh well looks like its going in the garage to get fixed. been qoated 80 quid. 8-) not bad price :)
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

you can get the drive shaft out without loosing oil
you just have to jack up the car on one side to a really insane angle so that the oil all sloshes over to the other side
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

good tip diesel but i dont think ive got no chance of getting the bush in without pulling the car apart. :evil: why are citroens a pain in the arse to work on? :twisted: :roll: :lol: