Disconnecting battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigbossa
My Cars:

Disconnecting battery

Post by bigbossa »

Hi all
I want to disconnect the battery on my Xantia 1.9 TD 96' This car is new to me as far as I know there is only the Key code anti theft.I discovered the power cable to the cigarette lighter has been cut and want to fix this.
Is it ok to disconnect the battery ?
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

You will need the 4 digit code for the radio, check the handbook if you have it, normally it gets scribbled in there by a previous owner, or if you're really lucky its on a card with the handbook wallet.
Otherwise take the radio out and make a note of its serial number and any other long numbers on it's body and I'm sure someone will have the software to get you the code.

When you reconnect power the alarm may go off. I find using the remote to lock then unlock the car stops it, otherwise holding the "mute" button on the dash and turning the key in the ignition does it.

If you ever want to disable the immobiliser so you can replace the keypad with a more useful oddments tray from an earlier or much later xantia (mk2) just have the engine running and disconnect the keypad. Make a note of the code though, and inform your insurance which shouldn't cost any extra as it is just a factory fitted one on the fuel pump.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
bigbossa
My Cars:

Post by bigbossa »

Hi Xac
Thanks for your reply. The cars fitted with a after market hifi so no code and on this car there is no central locking ( bog standard) so I guess Im gonna be ok just disconnecting