What are the spheres suitable for my Xantia ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lancia58
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD

What are the spheres suitable for my Xantia ?

Post by lancia58 »

Hi

I think that there is a mess with the spheres , my car VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] ( Xantia saloon 2.0 16v make year 2000) . I logged in to the Citroen service website to check out about the correct spheres. Regarding the front accumulator if I understood it correctly it should be 450CM3 75 bars part number 95669124 where my car is fitted with I.F.H.S RP 62 DP which I guess is 62 bar which is the one recommended in the I.F.H.S catalog. The front spheres it is a bit confusing the Citroen service website indicates two types one is 450CM3 50 bars part number 527130 and the second option is 400CM3 55 bars part number 9566857 ( my car currently is fitted with I.F.S.H XA 55 FC) . I tried to track it and understand which one of them I should use so in the Citroen service website I opened the characteristics ( it is on to left under the vehicle section ) and then clicked on the “Suspension-Steering-Brakes” and it is written “FRONT SUSPENSION: SPHERE FRONT SUSP SPHERE WITH "NOK" MULTI-LAYER MEMBRANE” , under the Miscellaneous section ( it is on the bottom left ) I opened the Mechanic's handbook and downloaded a pdf file that is called “ Xantia XM Synergie 2001” on page 262 for front spheres it is written that for MULTI-LAYER MEMBRANE ( marked with M ) it should be 450M3 50 bars. BTW on page 261 it is written that the main accumulator is 62 bars, where is in the Citroen service it is written 75 bars. Can anyone help be in solving this issue i.e. what are the spheres specification suitable for my car

Thanks
Zohar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The 62 bar accumulator is fine in all respects Zohar. No need to worry about that at all...

The fronts, yes I've seen different pressures listed for different membrane types. I have no firm explanation but I do wonder if it is to do with perhaps the triple layer one being stiffer. Just a guess..

I would say that what you have fitted currently is fine.

I can tell you exactly the specification for your car but first I'll need to know if it's Hydractive (i.e. a VSX or Exclusive) or non-Hydractive...

I'll take my information from the Xantia workshop manuals...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lancia58
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Xantia 2.0 16V Automatic make year 2000 LHD
Citroen C4 THP Automatic make year 2009 LHD
Citroen C4 VTS 2.0 16V make year 2006 LHD

Post by lancia58 »

My car is none Hydractive

Thanks
Zohar