C3 recall

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

C3 recall

Post by myglaren »

Just been reading this concerning a serious braking problem with C3s.

Seems to affect those made in the last two years.

The BBC TV consumer programme was alerted to the problem by a Kent-based commercial cleaning company, Town & Country Cleaners, which has three of the Citroen vehicles in its fleet.

The firm only discovered it when one of their drivers travelling at 70mph (112kmph) on a motorway found his car suddenly screeching to a halt.

The programme has since tested two more Picasso C3s on sale at dealerships in south east England - both of which have the same flaw. The model has been on sale in the UK for the last two years.

Motor engineer expert Mark Brown, who examined the cars, found that the braking mechanism underneath the passenger floor was easy to press - as it was only covered with a thin piece of felt.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

It was mentioned on Watchdog last week yet has only just made the news?

I seem to recall (excuse the pun) a similar fault on a different car many moons ago of the accelerator pedal being applied by front passengers when they stretched their legs. Would have thought the motor industry had learnt their lesson back then.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Didn't Puegot have this same problem quite a few years ago? I remember reading about someone having to get the RAC involved to find the cause and write a report as Peugot denied there was a problem.
Looks like they haven't learnt.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

MikeT wrote:
I seem to recall (excuse the pun) a similar fault on a different car many moons ago of the accelerator pedal being applied by front passengers when they stretched their legs. Would have thought the motor industry had learnt their lesson back then.
Old (rear engined air cooled) beetles can do this too as the 'cable' starts on the passenger side and just has a link across to the driver. It does have a cover on although people remove it and do not refit it. To be fair in this case a passenger can only get the throttle about 1/6th the way open anyway.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG