Lexia Questions...........

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Geoff Lebowski

Lexia Questions...........

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

I've made no headway in solving my immobiliser fault, be it exactly that or the BSI with it's knickers in a twist.
So, my friend/neighbour has downloaded Lexia onto his lap top (only, the Lexia requires XP so he's going to borrow a work one).

I'm hoping then to be able to 'get in to' the BSI and interrogate. Hopefully I can 're-set' the BSI or Immobiliser (somehow.....) maybe using the PIN code on the credit card type Citroen security thing.

Does this make sense or am I talking utter nonsense? Is there an instruction book i could download or even borrow from anyone please?

If that fails, is it worth trying a 3rd party auto electrician type? Or do they cause more upset than they solve?
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

You need the lexia interface as well as software
C'est pas possible!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The BSI performs immobilising duties.

I've not opened one up (perhaps someone here could illuminate the thread) but my understanding is it has an internal solid state driven relay/switch that allows ignition spark to occur.

AFAIK when they dropped the tachymetric relay they also dropped cutting injector supply via an immobiliser feature.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: AFAIK when they dropped the tachymetric relay they also dropped cutting injector supply via an immobiliser feature.
Well, not on all Adam, the tachymetric relay (what a lovely name!!) was replaced in most instances with the double injection relay. It did the same job in cutting power to the pump, injectors and coil as well as the ECU if the G switch operated.

The ECU looked after cutting the pump when the engine was stopped...

Essentially the immobiliser operates these relays as well as unlocking the ECU (as I understand it)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

the next step is to get it plugged in and see what faults show up, but there could be a problem with the bsi, in my time working with cars you don.t pull fuses to check which one is blown because it is known to cause ecu problems, i use a test light on the contacts of the fuse if it only lights on one side that's your blown fuse, this is not possible on some renault's because they have a sealed fuse, in which case i find out which fuse i'm looking for
02 C5 2.0 hdi 110
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

In simple terms the BSI tells the injection ECU not to switch the injectors if the key is not recognised ( sometimes also the spark aswell on petrol engines) It will never stop the spark on it's own to prevent flooding the engine & catalyst with unburnt fuel. The imobiliser also does not stop the in tank fuel pump operating.
Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

in my time working with cars you don.t pull fuses to check which one is blown because it is known to cause ecu problems,
Now you tell me! ;-)
the next step is to get it plugged in and see what faults show up, but there could be a problem with the bsi
I probably have messed up the BSI, I had no idea there was a procedure for removing a fuse or battery. But, I may as well have a go.

boristhespie - is the interface the cable? He has one, but thanks for the tip.

He has loaded the program and was asked for a dealer i.d. or dealer number/code, does anyone know what this is exactly and where I can find one?
Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

Hi,
can anybody tell me what a dealer code might be please? Does anyone else who uses Lexia have to put this code in?
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

You can use dealer code "001" or "0001", but you must have key generator to complete the installation.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

Thank you.

erm, what's key generator?
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

It generates activation code for your program ...
There are lots of links on that and I will send an example link to your p.m.
Don't want to be a spammer :lol: :wink:
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
Geoff Lebowski

Post by Geoff Lebowski »

You're a star Vert Vega, thank you so much for your help. I'll have a try and see what happens
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

I posted a link to a ftp site with these files on somewhere here. Just search my posts.
C'est pas possible!
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

That's been removed now I think, Bors.

I had look around that site and although there are plenty of files to be downloaded there doesn't appear to what is called a key generator there.

I bought my Lexia already installed on an (elderly) laptop so didn't have the need for a key. When you bought yours, where did you get your key from?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

It was on the disc that came with it.
C'est pas possible!