95 Xantia Electric window issue.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

le_bonn

95 Xantia Electric window issue.

Post by le_bonn »

Hi all this is my first post on here, My partner and I are both huge Citroen fans, she has a 2CV. I recently went for a 1995 1.9 TD Xantia mainy due to the price of petrol.

Anyway the car is amazing however the D/S lecky window wont work I have narrowed the problem down to the black solenoid or switcher box. (the motor worked when I sent power direct to it)

I cant find a replacement anywere, (the Serial No on the box is CA/PSA 3 12V) any advise on the best and if possible cheap place to get one would be much appreciated.

Its getting hotter and I cant do without a window.

Cheers.

Liam
carpysmith
My Cars:

Post by carpysmith »

Hi there,
I had a problem with window on my mark 2 xantia recently and it turned out that there was a break in one of the 12volt feeds to the switch, the break was inside the rubber boot/cable protector that goes from the bulkhead into the door! are you sure you dont have a similar problem as i believe that this is quite a common fault! with mine the window would work with the door open in certain positions but not with it shut!
Hope that helps?
Regards
Steve (aka carpysmith)
1999 Citroen Xantia 2.0hdi sx estate
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Liam

I have all the doors off the Xantia I recently dismantled. If you narrow down the bit you need, and the parts are compatible I would be quite happy to send you it for postage costs plus a moderately priced pint :)

I did cut off the wiring to each of the doors to remove them but everything in the door is intact.

The vehicle was a L-Reg 1994 1.9TDSX with the chevrons on the bonnet.

Thanks

Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 14 May 2011, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I'd also be more inclined to look at the harness between the door and car... for broken wires before doping any parts buying.. it is a common fail point certainly if millage is 150k or more...

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
le_bonn

Post by le_bonn »

hi all. Thanks for you responses.

I am fairly certain it is the transistor box. When I first opened up the door trim the wires leading from the door handle switch to this box were disconected, I assume the previous owner had pulled this out as there was some damage around all the star bolts where he had ripped the door trim of.

My first step was to plug this back in, with the plug placed in correctly the window would go down but not back up again. when I put power directly in to the plug that was connected to this transistor box the window would go up or down depending on the direction of power flow.

There are only two wires running from this transistor box to the motor so I am assuming that these are sound.

I would up load images of the box in question if I could work out how to!.

Thanks again.
le_bonn

Post by le_bonn »

Thanks for the offer Neil that would be great. There getting old these cars now and none of my local scrap yards keep any of the parts.

The transistor box I am after is to be found screwed directly onto the inside or the driver side door above and a bit to the left of the speaker set into the door. its black and about 2.5" x 4" X 1" the one I have has a logo saying Bitron Video on it with a serial number CA/PSA 12. If you pop the 4 clips of it you reveal a very 1980's curcuit board.

If you have an email or can explain how to upload pics onto the forum i have some images.

thanks again.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

le_bonn wrote: If you have an email or can explain how to upload pics onto the forum i have some images.
The guide is here

Images no larger than 700px wide please, or use the thumbnail option.
le_bonn

Post by le_bonn »

le_bonn

Post by le_bonn »

that works cheers

le_bonn

Post by le_bonn »

le_bonn

Post by le_bonn »

Thanks for you advise, The photobox thing was nice and easy.
NewcastleFalcon

Liam

Its well worth following the guide to post up the images. Once the image is uploaded to photobucket (or equivalent) you can simply copy the IMG link and paste it in when composing your normal posts. Just like this

"a random trio of Traction Avants"

Check your PM's If necessary you can send them to me direct.

Thanks

Neil
NewcastleFalcon

Liam

this is the bit from the drivers door of my dismantled Xantia.

Happy to send you it. PM me with your details if you want it.

Thanks

Neil
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I'd just thought I'd add... there's a program difference in this box between early 1993 cars to a layer date to which I don't know... Citroen swapped the program over... I'm not sure 100% which way around.. one early cars I think you press and let go to activate the single touch operation were as later cars you press and hold for two seconds to activate the one touch... I've no idea when the change happed but it should be an interchangeable process...

I don't think it will do any harm but I thought I'd mention it..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
le_bonn

Post by le_bonn »

Just want to say a big thanks to Neil who sent me the box I needed. It is now fitted and all working. And the best bit is he sent it for free. Much appreciated.

Also thanks paul.. I was wondering why the new switch work differently... They run in reverse. Ie down is up and Vice a Versa and it is indeed one touch all the way down or up and one touch to stop rather than the up and down on my other window.