Xantia steering arms

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allanmc
My Cars:

Xantia steering arms

Post by allanmc »

HI, my W plated Xantia just passed the MOT but there was a note to say that their was a wee bit ware on the steering arms looking for advice on what this means and am I looking at a big job thanks
allan
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I guess he means the rack inner balljoints. Checking my Old V6 the other day I noted the weeniest bit of play in one of mine.

They're a bit of a menace to swap.

here's a couple of pictures:

RichardW had a session with these a while back and his thread (I'll try to find it) is a good read. Another member came up with a very good homemade tool for undoing the balljoints.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i see you dont have the special loking washer in that second picy Jim,

i just looked it up on service citroen and it doesnt show it for a XANT,

but under BX here is price and part No. if its the same dimentions as for a XANT that is

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000405825 WASHER 1.52 GBP 1.82 GBP 1.82 GBP

0000405829 WASHER 1.68 GBP 2.02 GBP 2.02 GBP

and i thought they were the same at both ends of the rack, but obviously not,

regards malcolm
allanmc
My Cars:

Xantia steering arms

Post by allanmc »

Hi Jim, thanks for getting back to me with the information about the steering arms, with your photos and the other threads it was a great help, so its just a matter of getting the job done.Thanks again
allan