Q: Bosch pump tops interchangeable?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lukkis
My Cars:

Q: Bosch pump tops interchangeable?

Post by lukkis »

Is the top part of the Bosch pump interchangeable? I have one good diesel pump that is from my Xantia -98 1.9TD, however there is a crack on the top due a use of not recommended tooling while dismantling the anti-theft module :( And despite filling and smoothing up with chemical metal it leaks diesel :cry:
Now, I have one Bosh pump from an older Xantia, also with immobilizer (disarmed). Replaced it and the engine did not go well, so the old "fixed" pump back and the above results.
The replacement pump is also half electric, but the anti-theft module is different and also the looks of the top part is different. The original pumps shielding covered the whole back of the pump and the replacement pumps shielding is not that much. The replacement pumps max fuel adjustment is visible and on the original one it is hidden under the cover. Otherwise they look quite similar, TPS with 3 leads etc.

Well, at least one lesson learnt: don't use the force... And crowbar is for house building :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The heads are interchangeable but you'll need to swap throttle spindles over as these are a different length between the two types of pump; the semi-electronic AS3 has a longer threaded section to be able to accommodate the drive mechanism for the TPS...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...