electric window regulator on a bx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

puc
My Cars:

electric window regulator on a bx

Post by puc »

Hi
anyone had experience of changing one of these on a bx? as mine is jammed with glass fully up, i cant feel how the glass is held to the guide rail. any tips anyone?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Do you mean the motor has given up?
If so its quite simple. Take the door trim off and you will see the black motor, its held on with about 4 nuts I think. Take this off and you can pull the motor off, the window shouldnt drop.
I got a replacement one from my local scrap yard before for about £15, as them if you can test it first so leave your door trim off and plug it in and see if the motor works
Darren
puc
My Cars:

Post by puc »

i think mine is different. the motor and gearing are intergral and linked to the sliding mechanism by a couple of cables. the window is jammed shut. question is, if i detatch the motor and guide rail, will the window come down so i can see how to release it?
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I think these ARE all the same. What kind of cables and gearing are we talking about here? The only cables are normally the supply to the motor and these pull off quite easily. Yes, there is a cog to be seen in the motor unit, but it's all just one unit.
Normally you will only want to remove anything other than the motor with the window right down, otherwise everything else including window will come crashing down with risk of damage to the glass.
Is the motor still operative so far as you can see? Can you hear it trying to operate if you dip the switch , or see slight dimming of dash lights?
David
puc
My Cars:

Post by puc »

the cables are like bicycle brake cables coming out of top/bottom of regulator and they appear to form a loop inside the guide rail. motor as dead as a dodo, i tested supply with a lamp.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Sure it's a - BX - [?]
Your description on the fittings sounds unfamiliar to me for a BX [8)]
- or it might be some kind of retro parts fitted.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Sounds like my zx where the wire does infact go through the motor and around to this stupid bit of plastic that always breaks that goes through the glass
On the bx the only wires are to the plug, the rest is all bolted in and the motor comes out easily by itself