Reverse sensor 406

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Reverse sensor 406

Post by Peter.N. »

I have fitted a reverse sensor kit to my 406 estate (multiplexed :? ) and the only reverse light feed I can find is in the tailgate, the possibility of getting a lead down to the n/s rear corner where the sensor unit is doesn't look promising, where is the control unit for the reversing lights housed?.

Peter
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You will find the common reverse ligths switch on top of the gearbox - as usual :wink:

Select neutral.
Switch on the ignition.
The one of the wires NOT carrying a live 12V (use a testlamp) is the reverse lamp control wire.

Double check that this wire becomes live +12V on selecting reverse.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

There also should be a multiplug in the rear quarter panel area where the 'body' loom joins the 'rear'

Not sure on a 406, the 306 ones are on the offside under the trim panel, regardless of LHD / RHD
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Thanks Anders and Andy

I didn't want to run a wire the length of the car if possible so have been trying to pick it up at the back. I have a very sharp pointed screwdriver which I use to find the appropriate lead and in the bundle on the n/s rear corner there wasn't one, only one which shows 6.1 volts when reverse is selected which I assume is the control lead.

As the towing leads go to the n/s I assumed that's where all the junctions were - wrongly apparently, everything is there except the reverse supply as the lights are on the tailgate. I will check the other corner and see if I can find it there - after practically dismantling the car :(

Peter
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

On the 406 the big bundle of cables is on the n/s - I have just found out, but no reverse leads, they appear to come from the roof space going forwards, I thought that I would thread another wire through the rear pillar, I manged to thread it through the rubber boot - but you cant, no way through. I am at present awaiting inspiration.

Peter
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Managed it eventually, ran the lead under the weather seal strip down the n/s rear, sleeved it where it went over the sharp edges, cable tied it to the loom and ran it alongside the grommet in the tailgate again with sleeving to protect it - and it works :D

Peter