Accumulator spheres?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

FenXantia
My Cars:

Accumulator spheres?

Post by FenXantia »

Can someone confirm that if my Xantia ticks about once every 10 seconds that its the Accum Sphere thats shot?
Please dont shout at me, you are talking to someone who has seen the error of their ways and wants to bestow love upon their Xantia now!
Also my 6 month old girl has also meant no more expensive trips to main dealerships!
Thanks
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

No one can give a 100% guarantee that it is, without doing a series of tests as it has eventuated in the past that occasionally a faulty pressure regulator will cause the same symptoms, but in the majority of the cases it will be the accumulator.
For the price of the accumulator & DIY fitting, I'd take the risk if it were me. In any case, it costs less to buy an accumulator sphere than to pass the time of day with a main dealer so you've lost nothing if it's not faulty.
Incidentally, feel free to ask anything associated with your Cit at any time; we don't shout at anyone....well almost, only when they deserve it & that doesn't include owners asking for help. [:D][:D]
Alan S
stuartb
My Cars:

Post by stuartb »

As Alan says, it's usually the accumulator sphere. I had to change mine (also a '93 Xantia 1.9TD VSX, but only 115,000 miles!) about 3 months ago. Not a difficult job (about half an hour) but be
careful to make sure the seal is seated properly or you'll end up with LHM all over the floor!
The spheres cost about £22 from A/S and I'd certainly try that first.