xantia heater motor help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nickmcd
My Cars:

xantia heater motor help

Post by nickmcd »

Help
I have an 'N' reg xantia 2.0 16v SX. The heater lower has recently started playing up. Innitially there was a hot smell like burning wires but no noise and the blower went off. No fuses blown. Since then it comes on every so often (once every two - three days) for no reason, smells hot and goes off. I can't seem to get to it to check wires etc. Can anyone help.? Is it a common problem? How easy is it to remove the blower?
thanks
nick
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

If memory serves me correct, to gain access to the blower motor you have to remove the glove box, which is held in place by 5 torx screws, remembering to disconnect the lamp before you fully remove it.
The motor is located behind the glove box, to the lhs up the top, it’s held in place by 3 torx screws again, remembering to disconnect the wires to the motor.
Dom
Alex S

Post by Alex S »

It is very simple to do and you even don't have to remove the glovebox.
bongo

Post by bongo »

look in the passenger footwell underneath the glovebox, and remove the sound insulation, five torx screws, and you will see the connector, brown with four wires if the same problem as mine you will need to cut out the melted connector and fit individual lucar connectors to each cable