Spare "sphere seal" ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fridgedoc
My Cars:

Spare "sphere seal" ??

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi Guys

Back again, the seal I fitted has gone already, has anyone got a spare sphere seal????? "Please" will gladly pay postage.

Many thanks
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

Hi Why has the seal gone, is it a rear unit, I've had these corrode so that the lip holding the seal breaks away . Regards John. PS I'll check my garage tomorrow ,I should have one lying about
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi John

the original seal went a while a go (it was the first sphere I had ever fitted and I did not know about this forum) and I had put the seal on the sphere then fitted the sphere, not the correct way, it was the accumulator sphere by the way, I could not find the spare seal I had (somewhere) so I fitted an "O" ring which lasted a couple of years before it disintegrated so I fitted another "O" ring but it lasted a couple of weeks this time so now feel I should fit the correct seal.

If you can find a seal for me , that would be great

Regards
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

5272.15 - SEAL SQUARE SECTION -
over my end approx £2,50 exvat at your local Citroen dealer.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Thank you Anders most kind of you, did not realise they where available as a spare part.

regards

Stephen
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

how many do you want,

also if the O ring you fitted was near enough the right size i cant see how/why it disapeared,

as it should be compressed between the sphere and the seat/resses in the end of the regulator,

regards malcolm
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi Malcolm & all

Sorry my fault, in "went" - "gone" I should have said "damaged", the O rings I had fitted where just that, O rings which you had to fit on the sphere too small, too round and too thin plus I think not compatable with lhm fluid although the first one I had fitted did last a fair while whereas the second one did not last long at all but I now have a nice expensive new genuine Citroen one fitted that come in a blister pack of two (2) but they charge you for each one ie. on my receipt it states:-

1 ligne, quantity, prix unitiare, montant, tax total
2............€3,03.........€6,06.......€1,19........€7,25

Sorry I don't see the logic in it.

And to add insult to injury, when Mrs. fridgedoc phoned them (she speaks perfect french being half french) to see if the had the part in stock and how much she was told "yes in stock and €1,62 each inc tax, so off I went and met Mr. happy at the Citroen dealer.....Ahhhhhhhhhhh

But a least it's not leaking anymore and I have a spare seal.

Thanks to all
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i susspect you know after all this you fit the seal into the resses in the suspension unit first, then smear citro blood on its mateing surface before screwing the sphere in place,

regards malcolm
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Hello Malcolm

Thank you for your kind prompt, I fitted the origial seal incorrectly (on the sphere) that is why I fitted an O ring in the first place, it was only after I read on this site the correct way to fit a seal.
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1995 Berline