Synergie sliding sunroof

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Synergie sliding sunroof

Post by thatfatbloke »

Hi - the missus opened the big sliding sunroof yesterday despite being advised not to!!. Yep, you guessed it,it wouldn't close again. When the switch is operated the roof will move forwards a couple of inches and then open fully again. I tried half a gallon of WD40 on the 'tracks' to no avail. This went on for some time causing my blood pressure to go into overdrive until I tried just touching the switch very briefly and the roof would move forward an inch at a time until fully closed. Any ideas?. It seems like there is a sensor somewhere that's stopping it. Also is there no way way of manually closing the roof with an Allen key or something similar that I have had in my previous Merc's and Volvo's etc?.
1996 Synergie 1.9td - the money pit!!. Long gone.
1997 Lexus LS400 - a proper car.
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

i had this problem on mine.........there is a small black lever on the sun roof glass itself that can be held to help take the dragg off the sunroof motor.......just press the button n when the glass starts to move help it shut by pulling the sunroof closed.not a fix but it works for me when mine dont shut. :wink:
thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Post by thatfatbloke »

Thanks for that.
1996 Synergie 1.9td - the money pit!!. Long gone.
1997 Lexus LS400 - a proper car.