Accumulator Spheres; Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

surfer
My Cars:

Accumulator Spheres; Xantia

Post by surfer »

Hi
I have a question re. Accumulator spheres and it is this:
The Kolumbus sphere guide which has cropped up on this Forum several times lists several different part numbers depending upon whether or not is it a regular model/Hydractive/Activa.
Yet the quoted volumes and pressures are all identical.
AS seem to list only one type of Accumulator.
I have bought a genuine Citroen item from a trade contact, but although I have an Activa, the box says 'without Hydractive' and the number stamped on it is that quoted on the Kolumbus listings as being for regular Xantias.
Can anybody clarify?
Are they all the same, or does my Activa need something different???
Regards,
Simon.
Jon

Post by Jon »

All UK Market Xantia's, including the 2.0 Activa, use the same accumulator spheres, Citroen 95666763.
Outside the UK, I find a change on the accumulators at RP7758 for the 2.1TD and 3.0 V6 Activa (!!) to 5451376. As this is again a 62 bar sphere with volume 400 I fail to see what difference that there is.
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

Thanks Jon,
That Citroen number is on the Sphere I have, so I have the right part after all.
I notice also that Anti-sink spheres are split into various Xantia models:
Do you have the Citroen ref. # for the Activa version??
Is it the same as Kolumbus quotes (96208710) ??
Many thanks,
Simon.
Jon

Post by Jon »

the Activa rear Anti sink sphere is 5293 03 an it's 50 bar. Thats the current number on the Microfiche, the other number that you quote may have been superceded????
BTW this anti-sink sphere is unique to Activa models.
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

Jon,
Right again. The Kolumbus numbers don't refer to the RP number and I was looking at the part numbers up to 96.
The ref. given for 'from 96' is 96 145 672 which is different to the earlier models. This number is on the casing, together with a 50 Bar stamp, but the number on the box is the same as that which you mention: 5293 03.
So anyway, I have the correct items; thanks a lot for your help with that.
Regards,
Simon.