Fast tick Regulator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

farid

Fast tick Regulator

Post by farid »

Hi Expert,

Recently, I had changed 3 spheres at front, but still Pressure Regulator give a fast ticking, about 3 seconds once.

My xantia is fitted no anti-sink sphere(X1) that mean 5 sphere in total.

Can I rebuilding/refurbish the PR with adding shims with out tested with gauges?( No have equipment )
malaysia X1 sinker Xantia
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

If memory serves, there could be an internal leak from the suspension back to the LHM tank.
Pop the return pipes off from the top of the tank and check how much LHM is flowing from them, should only be a few drips if all is working.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Xac wrote:If memory serves, there could be an internal leak from the suspension back to the LHM tank.
Pop the return pipes off from the top of the tank and check how much LHM is flowing from them, should only be a few drips if all is working.
Agree -

usual suspects are :

Brake pedal control valve leakage
Rear suspension cylinder leakage

Or the death trap :

If removing the pressure release bolt (12mm head) completely you will evidently lose the ball bearing under the bolt.
It will wait until you look the other way, then silently jump out.
Re-inserting the bolt then has no effect, as there is no ball to seal against the ball seat and you may torque the bolt how much you like.
It wont seal.

The ball bearing is a 7mm dia standard steel ball and would cost you pennies in a bike shop or your Cit dealer :
0217 10 - ball bearing dia 7
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
farid

Post by farid »

Thank you The Expert,

I noticed when I put my car to high setting and switch off the engine, the front struts will sinking slowly to flat. I have used old strut back because the recent strut give me a lot problem. But the rear took a time to sinking. Its feature because of 5 sphere?

That struts (from junk yard) look dry and no leakage when use but sinking when driving while take long corner or full lock steering while in tight parking.

The struts were use now are look bit wet one side but look solved my problem before, just fast ticking on PR look wont solved.

Now try look at junk yard for pressure regulator.
malaysia X1 sinker Xantia