Partner steering rack pinion what flat or not?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

barrydoran

Partner steering rack pinion what flat or not?

Post by barrydoran »

Hi I'm after a pinion housing for an '03 partner 1.9d. The rack has a detachable pinion housing, but I belive there are two types ( flAT AND NOT ) Any experts know which vehicles share this rack and how to identify if the pinion is flat or not?

the thing I'm on about looks like item on ebay 320651770493

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

ok so xsara and berlingo uses the same rack, which years would be the same as an '03 peugeot partner 1.9d??

Thanks for any advice.

Barry.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

It should (in theory) be the same years for the Berlingo but I don't have Citroen data to be accurate, which is annoying as it being such a critical part I need to be sure before I can say what will / will not fit.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

service.citroen gives early cars as with flats or with splines - which leads me to believe that the difference is in the upper part where the column attaches - early cars using splines, and later ones flats. The part number of the one in the e-bay link corresponds to with flats, and they are visible on the upper part of the valve (note that part number is only listed between RP 8095 (06/01/99) and RP 8729 (01/10/200) so won't be any good for a 2003 van. You appear to need part number 4048 Y6 (later ones appear all to have flats rather than splines) which is shared by petrol Berlingos, but doesn't appear to be shared by any of the obvious candidates (Xsara, Xsara Pic etc).
Richard W
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Early (very) and later upper columns vary a bit in the steering wheel too if I remember correctly. As the non multiplexed ones have a nut holding the wheel (with or without airbag) to the column, the multiplexed ones have a bolt.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG