Parkers price guide

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

benj
My Cars:

Parkers price guide

Post by benj »

i bought my zx 16v last feb/march, for £1300, it was the cheapest going round my way.
6 months ish later i was horrified to see something like top book 900£ middle 500 and bottom 270ish for my '93 16v!!!
i wouldnt have minded if you could get them at this price!!!
i wrote parkers a letter and threatend to sue for artificially lowering the value of my car,
guess what if you look at the parkers now the price has gone up again, about 1700 top book and down to the other levels
this isnt a bullsh!t storey, see for yourself
if anyone has got any parkers price guide from late last year look at the prices and compare with the ones a couple of months ago,
is this car the only one in the book to have such a price guide fluctuation?
just goes to prove parkers is a load of rubbish un less you have a mundane ordinary spec newish car!
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

Don't forget though that Car prices in Guides are only average values and regional fluctuations in price can be extensive:
Hampshire is full to the brim with Estate cars and so even shot-up high milers fetch higher than book prices. Try selling a Volvo estate in the Outer Hebrides and you will probably get £2:50 for it.
Simon.
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

i understand that mate, cars are usually cheaper up where i am then down south anyway, and i did a national search on autotrader.
im just trying to say parkers isnt not a comprehensive guide, it tries to guess market values and as almost all citroens depretiate so fast they stuck the 16v in the same catergory with no research, i would have had a legitimate claim against the company, i got together about 25 16v's over 3-4 months and not one was even close to a grand,(there top book)they were all 1200 or much more
they were cars from across the country, parkers in no way relected the current market value and there was no clause in their publications to protect them about the misrepresentation of this model, either change the prices or get sued.
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

There's a 96 one on autotrader for £1000 right now, described as vgc with reasonable mileage.....£1000 for a 93 sounds rather high to me.
franciscolunn
My Cars:

Post by franciscolunn »

You know what dealers are like they won't give you much for anything,as for PARKERS its not what is used by the trade and is only of everyday interest value, go to a dealer and quote PARKERS and you know what response you will get.
Linegeist
My Cars:

Post by Linegeist »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by franciscolunn</i>

You know what dealers are like they won't give you much for anything,as for PARKERS its not what is used by the trade and is only of everyday interest value, go to a dealer and quote PARKERS and you know what response you will get.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
And THAT'S a fact!!!!!!! [:D][:D][:D]
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

You know what they say about SAAB.
"Cheap to buy but never cheap to run"
Yes I know they aren't French but In my experience it still applies.
Mark_sp
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

erm mate, where is this p reg one?
id buy it if you caould tell me ?
iv just done a national search and this is all i can see?
DESCRIPTION PRICE MILES
1993 CITROEN ZX 2.0i 16V Cat 3dr Hatchback Green, e/w, e/sunroof, 4 new tyres, new exhaust, over 1600 pounds spent in last 12 mnths, receipts to prove, tax and tested, Very fast car, very good condition. ono offer. 100000 miles. . . . . (private) more info
£1,200 94 miles

1993 L Reg Citroen ZX 2.0 16v Falcon Carriage Co Petrol, Manual 5 speed, Deep Green Metallic, Hatchback, 3 Doors. Alloy Wheels, Central Door Locking, Electric Windows, Power-Assisted Steering, Stereo, Tinted Glass, Velour Upholstery.Very Fast, Exciting . . . . (trade) more info
£1,995 191 miles

1993 CITROEN ZX 2.0i 16V Cat 3dr Hatchback 3 Door Hatchback, Green.K reg,EW,ESR,RCL,PAS,ABS,T&T,cd player,excel.cond,well maint.standard car,155bhp,very fast,rare,reluctant sale. 97000 . . . . (private) more info
£2,700 55 miles
i think you saw a p reg AX maybe?
and as for the expensive to run bit, you ever had one? if so can you tell me what was expensive?
cheers