hazard warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fridgedoc
My Cars:

hazard warning light

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi guys

I am looking for a wireing diagram for a Citroen relay/jumper, Peugeot boxer

The fault I have just in case anyone knows the solution is when the hazard lights are switched on the hazards work but the lamp on the switch does not, I have changed the bulb (blown) and then the switch its self, I have also check for volts when the switch is activated (no volts) it looks to me that the supply comes in separate to the switch supply, from a relay?

any help please
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I randomly selected Jumper and doesn't show it having the indicator lamp, just the illumination one. Do the indicator lights/arrows work when the hazards are on?

Give me the exact model, engine, year and vin code and I'll check the specific wiring diagram if you like.
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi Mike

thanks for reply, sorry for the delay in getting back, rebuilding house as well as repairing car & van Ahhhhh!!!!!

Citroen, 231A32, Jumper, VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff], 28/06/2000, I'm sure it is a 1.9D

as it is now french Reg. does not say engine size on reg document.

exterior lights work but the bulb in the switch does not and neither do the arrows on the dash, not sure if the arrows are meant to flash as well.

Yes please check for me, thanks
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

I can't vouch for Autodata accuracy but from the diagram for your vehicle, it only shows one lamp in the hazard switch. If the dash indicator lamps are not working, that's the circuit we need to concentrate on.

Unfortunately, this diagram covers several setups, some having two dash indicators and others only one so it's not easy to follow (for me).

Does yours have two or one indicator tell-tale and do(es) they/it work when indicating via the stalk?
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi Mike

Thanks for going to all this trouble.

This is getting better ; )

Only one indicator on the dash.

I must say I was told by the C.T. (mot) tester that I needed a new switch as the light was not flashing, funny enough it's not a fail but it does go on the certificate.

I think he got it wrong as I've now got the bulb in the switch to light..........when I put the vehicle lights on!!!!!!!!!!!!
so as far as I can see the bulb in the switch is not meant to flash!!!!!

the switch can go into its connector 2 ways if I put it in one way then push the switch on the indicator on the dash flashes BUT the indicators do not work if I then put the switch into the connector the opposite way the indicators work and the hazard lights but not the dash light....oh sh1t
so I really need the wireing diagram to trace through the circuit unless you have a better idea.

Thank you again for your assistance.
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Good going, that info will help narrow down the problem.

If I can work out how to save the diagram to PC, I'll post it for you, otherwise it might be a while before I can study it further and let you know what to check next. Sorry, I'm just so busy lately, hope the delay isn't going to be a problem.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

I just had a tea-break in the sun 8-)

Here's the pinouts for the Hazard switch. What's puzzling is that it shows that if the external indicators are powered, so should the instrument panel lamp and vice versa. Even more confusing is it shows "Indicator warning lamp, left or single" (warning, being on instrument panel) but nothing for the right :?

Pin
1. Indicator relay
2. Fuse1 (15A) Ignition ON 12v+
3. Fuse17 (15A/7.5A) Battery 12v+
4. Indicator relay and indicator switch
5. Indicator lamps (external and dash)
6. Indicator switch, Indicator lamps (external and dash)
7. NA
8. Illumination lamp from lighting switch
9. Earth
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Thanks for that Mike, you would not want to be in the sun here.....34°C blooming hot, will check those pins later
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1995 Berline