Used car inspections

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C.J.
My Cars:

Used car inspections

Post by C.J. »

I've finally found what appears on the face of it, a repalcement for my troublesome V. Combo Crew van.

However, as has been the case both recently and in the past, anything I find that looks half tasty is ALWAYS at the other end of the country. :roll:

This privately one lady owned Citroen Dispatch Combo Crew van is down in Braintree, Essex, typical. Looks exremelly tidy with FSH and just performed service and cam belt.

It then dawned on me that by the time I've meandered 460 miles down there and back with the inherent cost of the fuel, it would probably make more sense to pay someone to go and inspect it for me for not much more.
The excellent news is that she had absolutely no qualms about having it proffesionally inspected, which is always a sign of not willingly trying to hide something.

AA and RAC want fairly big bucks, but found this outfit:
http://www.wheretobuycarsfrom.com/just_ ... ervice.asp

Anyone heard of them or as an alternative, anyone know of someone (even in here) for ££'s obviously...not after something for nowt, that could perform such an inspection in that area.
Nothing too comprehensive, as I don't expect absolute mint condition for less than 4k, just as long as the turbo isn't blowing its final breaths, and the phoo phoo valve isn't about to expire.

Thanks in anticipation. Possibly saving me another boring trip down the M6 etc etc etc etc and back. :P
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!