HAD a set of ramps...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

HAD a set of ramps...

Post by RichardW »

..till this afternoon when some twunt has helped themselves to them - along with a set of Xantia wheels I acquired last week. OK I had left them on the drive (MY DRIVE!) but we don't exactly live in a rough area. Need to change the oil in the Picasso, so I suppose I will have to fork out some of my hard enrned TAXED income to buy a new set, rather than just helping myself to someone elses :evil:

Robbing stewards!

I realise small beer against andmcit's XM-trailer-Active combo that went walk about, but annyoing all the same.

Rant over...off to the bay to see if there are some cheapies on there....
Richard W
Xantic
My Cars: In the past French ones
54 reg C5 Estate vtr
Picasso 2.0 HDI
X reg Xantia 2.0 Hdi
V reg Xantia Exclusive 2.0 hdi
BX Diesel 1.7
C5 2.2 Diesel exclusive auto.

Post by Xantic »

Jaguar 2.0 Diesel
Peugeot 407 Diesel
LIVING THE DREAM

Russ..
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you fancy a drive to sunny ( NOT )East Sussex by the sea, i have a spare set you are more than welcome to, free of charge to also as well even,

regards malcolm
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

I have always left my cars unlocked, the Activa has had the key in the ignition all winter here and my ramps are on the drive and i have had no problems as yet, a couple of weeks ago though a car was stolen just round the corner and set light to, made front page news and everything, ive started locking the cars.

Sorry to hear the pilfering little sods have struck you Richard, it israther annoying to say the least :evil:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
P616VKX
My Cars:

Post by P616VKX »

Deanxm wrote:I have always left my cars unlocked, the Activa has had the key in the ignition all winter here and my ramps are on the drive and i have had no problems as yet, a couple of weeks ago though a car was stolen just round the corner and set light to, made front page news and everything, ive started locking the cars.

Sorry to hear the pilfering little sods have struck you Richard, it israther annoying to say the least :evil:

D
My Granny owned a Metro 1.0L from nearly new (Dealership + 1 short term I believe), approximately 1989... She had one incident where her arthiritic wrists couldn't work the steering lock and then from 1990-2007 when she died, the key didn't get removed once and it only got locked when parked in the Co-Op Car Park as the area "Wasn't so good"...

My garage door hasn't been closed for 2 years and nothing's been nicked from there... Yet my friend from Berkshire is scared to have the doors unlocked when the car is moving for fear of it being taken...

What a sad world we live in!
B564PLC - Red/Grey Renault 11 GTL 'Premiere'
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Sorry to hear of your loss richard, everywhere seems to be getting worse as time goes by :( we have 3 locks on our back and front doors and over the last few years have started to use at least 2 of them where as before it was only the single lock :( and we lock our car doors when moving as well :(
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

How did they actually steal them? :shock:
I mean, you couldn't exactly pick that lot up, stick it under your arm, and trot off down the street.

Whatever. This sort of crime seems to be on the increase as scumbags are looking for any opportunity to make a few quid 'down the pub' now more than ever, rather than actually WORK :shock: like the majority of us lot do. :evil:

I had a set of wheels stolen from my back garden many years ago.
Sad thing is that I was about 95% sure who dun'it, but couldn't prove it.
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

Saxo torched just 'round the corner from here last night, presumably for 'fun'? :x
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

I was talking to the girl on the counter in the post office this week, some little,git, stole the stand with all the envelopes on it and on the way out helped themselves to the help for hero's donation box too, makes me wonder why you cant chop their thieving hands off.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Deanxm wrote:I was talking to the girl on the counter in the post office this week, some little,git, stole the stand with all the envelopes on it and on the way out helped themselves to the help for hero's donation box too, makes me wonder why you cant chop their thieving hands off.

D
It did seem to keep crime down in Saudi when I lived there.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

well it is kind of hard to carry a charity box off if you have no hands i guess xac :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

landcrab
My Cars:

HAD a set of ramps

Post by landcrab »

Richard,
The culprits are probably one of the hundreds of scrap collectors that are prowling our streets.

I live in a very quiet suburban area but there have been many instances of garden gates being stolen recently,even the railings around the war memorial vanished last year.

The lesson is,don't leave anything visible.!

Bryan.
1999 Xantia 1.8 16v Estate Dante Red
1969 Wolseley 18/85 Damask Red
1936 Morris Eight Black
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Strange, whenever I have left stuff out for the scrapmen - washing machines etc - they always knock on the door and ask if it is OK to take it.
Rarely lock the doors, rarely lock the car either. There is never any car crime on the street - although a new XR3 was knicked about 20 years ago, last one that was though.

This isn't St. John's Wood either, not by a long shot.

They did break in through a security fence at work and stole All the diesel from ALL the firms vans and lorries a couple of weeks ago - I work about four miles from here.

They smashed the filler caps off the vehicles. What they didn't realise was that they weren't locked, the keys were behind the sun visors and that each of the vans were loaded with around £20,000 worth of doors and windows.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

They smashed the filler caps off the vehicles. What they didn't realise was that they weren't locked, the keys were behind the sun visors and that each of the vans were loaded with around £20,000 worth of doors and windows.
We have similar break ins at work and they often display the same level of intelect :roll: .

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

scratcher
My Cars:

HAD a set of ramps

Post by scratcher »

My grandson had a cat on his AX until some ******ripped his exhaust system off last week. G
Xantia vsx
GSA 1300
Previous AMI8 estate
GS1015
GSA1300 estate
BX16
BX17d
BX19destate
BX19d