fuel filter location

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

fuel filter location

Post by daviemck2006 »

Hi, my son was servicing the wifes 206 and could not find the fuel filter. I've not had a chance to look for it, so can any kind soul tell us where it is? It's 2005 55plate 1.416v sport. Thanks in advance
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

If it has one (some do not, most do) it is on the offside rear side, just infront of the fuel tank / wheel arch area.

Lie down and look at the gap along the sill between the tank / wheel and further forward. :)

Looks a bit like this (not my pic just found it)

Only ever fit a plastic bodied filter on a 206. When they were new (around 1998) there was a recall to replace metal fuel filters with plastic ones. To be fair they would only corrode and leak if they were not changed on time (40K or 4 years whichever first) but they took the step to ensure this could not happen. I know I was there doing lots of them.

The clips are a bit awkward to release but its quite possible. The new filter will have raised sections on the stubs, reject a filter that does not. When you have the pipes fitted (press the button to release them) ensure they 'click' on and attempt to pull them off, if they are properly locked in they will not come off.

Remember the filter will be full of fuel and there will be pressure present. Take eye and fire precautions at a minimum. It will run out the pipes too, but only the contents of the pipes, it will not syphon itself.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG