gen2 leather

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

modxl
My Cars:

gen2 leather

Post by modxl »

what is involved in fitting gen2 elec leather into gen1 just so i no what to raid of donar car
steve
xantia td
soon full leather
rear spoiler
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Steve,

You'll need, along with the seats, all three lower rear seat belt buckles and if they're heated, the full seat wiring looms and the heat controllers in the centre console oddment tray. If you have a keypad immobiliser, you'll need a special oddment tray that will take both the heat controllers and the keypad. These are a bit rare...

Most MK1's didn't have the electric seat wiring harnesses so you'll need to provide a fused 40A supply for the motors and heaters. You'll find on the loom in the donor car a heavy yellow wire in the seat loom. This is the power feed and ends up in the cabin fuse box.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
modxl
My Cars:

Post by modxl »

cheers jim,pick seats up at wkend not sure what they have yet out of a exclusive i believe,got a couple in local breakers yard to get odd bits out of
steve
xantia td
soon full leather
rear spoiler
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Don't forget the door trims! They're leather specific on a Xantia and always in
velour (beige in a cream leather Xant and grey in a black) and with s2's have
plakky wood cappings where their fixings are different to s1 ones so a bit of
care is needed to adjust their screw mounts.
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

If you find adding a connection to the main fuse board a bit of a pita, you can always run it off the 12v lighter socket system. It Worked for me!
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s