Wiper relays?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jameswithapug
My Cars:

Wiper relays?

Post by Jameswithapug »

Where can i find the relays for the wipers on my 406? The reason i ask is becase my wipers dont work on fast or intermitant and looking in the box under the bonnet next the the air filter i seem to have a space where 2 relays should be. Also my blower motors just stopped working and all the fuses look ok so think it must be the motor itself thats packed up. Is this a big job to change?
P616VKX
My Cars:

Post by P616VKX »

Hey man,

The wipers could be the stalk playing up. I'd look at that first as I've had it happen on various cars before. Fast SHOULD work at least if the timer relay is gone. Try working the stalk up and down, fiddling with it at different angles and so on, also take it out and get some switch cleaner or WD40 into all of the contacts and see if that helps.

And as for the heater, under the passenger side footwell, about 6 TORX screws and you've got the panel off then clean the connections with some light sandpaper (The plugs open up to reveal the spade connectors) and refit the fan unit. If that doesn't work, then maybe the regulators have gone, new ones are about £40, or a new fan motor is £20...

Hope this helps.

Stuart.
B564PLC - Red/Grey Renault 11 GTL 'Premiere'
Jameswithapug
My Cars:

Post by Jameswithapug »

Thanks for your reply Stuart. Iv fixed the heater now, i just wiggled the wire and it works again now. Il try the switch to see if that helps, if not theres one in the local scrap yard.
P616VKX
My Cars:

Post by P616VKX »

Jameswithapug wrote:Thanks for your reply Stuart. Iv fixed the heater now, i just wiggled the wire and it works again now. Il try the switch to see if that helps, if not theres one in the local scrap yard.
Wiggling the plug would probably have dislodged a bit of soot or something on the plug to the heater, it'll at least require a bit of WD40 on it and then re-fitting.

Stuart.
B564PLC - Red/Grey Renault 11 GTL 'Premiere'