Citroen C3 hot starting issue (1.4 HDi 8V)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NickPlymouth
My Cars: Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi

Citroen C3 hot starting issue (1.4 HDi 8V)

Post by NickPlymouth »

My wifes 1.4 HDi 8V has had a couple of issues starting recently. It seems that it is OK when cold. It seems that if it is started just after switching off it is OK.

If it is left for say 20 minutes and started when hot, it tries to start, but will not start. Turns over fine, so I'm thinking fuel problem, but have not had much of a chance to look yet.

Can anybody suggest what to look for? Another thread has mentioned a regulator 'o' ring seal which sounds plausible.

Also, I am thinking of buying a code reader. Can anybody suggest one which is not too expensive?

Thanks.

Nick.
NickPlymouth
My Cars: Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi

Post by NickPlymouth »

I haven't managed to replicate the problem, but having had a closer look, I think it might actually be the starter motor.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I hardly think that your problem is the starter motor if it starts from cold without problems and it spins the engine while it is warm.

I'd be more inclined to be looking at temperature sensors and fueling.

There are some fairly cheap code readers around but they won't read all the data available with anything like the depth that a Lexia can.

If you have read the forum extensively you will see the Lexia referred to in many posts.

A 'oroper' one costs a small fortune and only two forum members own them but there are quite a few members who have bought a Lexia clone, available on eBay.

What you get there is a CD and some interface cables - you select the ones appropriate to your needs.

On the other hand, some - in fact the majority - of Lexia owners on the forum have offered to read and reset fault codes, perform diagnostics and in some cases reset parameters where this is desirable.

There is a thread here detailing the owners and their locations on a linked map.
Locate one close to you, PM the member and arrange a mutually convenient time for a diagnostic session. This will enable you to appreciate the value of a Lexia and if it is worthwhile you investing in one of your own.
Rafik
My Cars: Citroen c3 2011 1,4 HDI

Re: Citroen C3 hot starting issue (1.4 HDi 8V)

Post by Rafik »

I still have same problem, what was your helping?