another sphere query!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

carpysmith
My Cars:

another sphere query!!

Post by carpysmith »

hi guys,
need to change the anti sink sphere on my xantia, just had a look underneath and the anti sink sphere does not appear to have a pipe going into it!! is this because it is a late 1999 model with a different sphere fitted, or am i going blind? ( i was under the impression that they all had a pipe fitted to them?)
regards steve (aka carpysmith)

citroen xantia 2.0 hdi sx (estate)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if its a rear anti sink sphere did you look inside the moiuntting bracket, as that is were the pipe union is hideing,

regards malcolm
carpysmith
My Cars:

Post by carpysmith »

hi citronut! cheers for that, i only had a quick look underneath while at work to see how big pipe was ( engineer at work is gonna sort me out a pipe spanner). i was expecting the pipe to be on the back of the sphere! but i didnt want to feel around too much while laying underneath coz it wasn,t on axle stands and didn,t fancy the car on my head,so only had a cursory glance at it!!
Will get spanner sorted and get car up on stands to do the job now i know where to look!!
Many thanks!
Steve (aka Carpysmith)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

9mm flare spanner and 4.5mm pipe seal will be required.

With the car on axle stands at the rear jacking points, or on a ramp, and depressurised:
Fit 9mm flare spanner to pipe nut, unscrew sphere which then unscrews the nut.
Fit new pipe seal, fit o-ring to sphere neck to stop it rusting to the socket, screw sphere into socket just enough to hold it in place, screw pipe nut up a couple of turns, screw sphere home with flare spanner on pipe nut, nip up the pipe nut and job done.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool