xsara 1 - fan insde car aint workin properly

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eurotrotter

xsara 1 - fan insde car aint workin properly

Post by eurotrotter »

hi guys

i have a xsara 1, made in april 2000 hdi coupe, 3door.

the internal fan isnt working properly, it works on all modes - face,feet,face/feet, and demister, but its not blowing out most of the air, it sounds like its blowing it out behind the glovebox, iif that makes any sense.

face is the most effective mode, but still not effective enough

i am in germany and i worried that the fan wont be working properly b then and i drive a diesel, and overheating aint good in traffic on teh autobahn in 35 degree heat

thanks

ed
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

No risk of 35 degrees yet. :twisted:

There is a pollen filter on the air-conditioned cars.
Probably under the dash above the passenger’s floor.
Picture from the Xantia.

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
eurotrotter

Post by eurotrotter »

thanks for that, il check that out tonite, and hopefully its just blocked or summit, but the workshop told me that they replaced it!

look forward to checking this out.

thanks

ed
eurotrotter

Post by eurotrotter »

http://img853.imageshack.us/i/theone.jpg/

i put together a video of the ventialtion system

is the pollen filter in the big box there?

its only since i have looked at ur pic again since i took this video that i see the resemblance.

but i still find the way that little flap a bit strange, should it not consitently open teh same amount for all modes, whether it be face, feet or demister?

thanks

ed
eurotrotter

Post by eurotrotter »

since i have taken the glox boe out the airbag light is now on, idefeintely did not catch any wires while pulling it out.

the gloevebos is out now, and still on the floor, i hope that when i put teh glovebox back in that they light will go off?

the air bag ligh on dash is flashing constantly.

i did not d/c the battery when removing the glovebox if that makes any difference

the only thing which i did yesterday was sturn off teh airbag with the key, while working on the glovebox removal, i have since switched the airbag back on and every since this morning this air bag light on teh dash is flashing

the thing is ithe airbag light didnt come last nite, it just came on this morning for the first time.

the airbag light came on staticly last night after i turned the airbag off, but once i turned the airbag back on, with the car key it went off again., so only since this morning has the light been flashing

but i defeitnyle didnt catch or pinch any cables cos everything is well tucked away

thanks

ed
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

The glove box doesn’t have to come out.
The felt cover under the dash comes out, and the rectangular filter cover slides to take the filter out.

The flap position depends on how the air flow buttons are combined, and since it moves it may be assumed to operate correctly because flap faults are always ‘not moving’ faults.

Try what the airbag light does with the glove box back in without screwing it in.
Try turning the bag off and on again, then if necessary disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Picture of filter removal here:
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3092 ... len2ao.jpg
eurotrotter

Post by eurotrotter »

thanks for the tip cloggz, it must be different in my car since it has air con, but i cant find any flap or lid that i can remove down in teh lfoot well

thanks anyway, but maybe im wrong

ed
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

It won’t be different because only air conditioned cars have pollen filters. :mrgreen:
It’s called pollen filter, but its actual purpose is to keep the evaporator clean.
The pictures show a long, narrow rectangular piece on the floor.
That’s the cover to slide out to get at the filter.
From your picture, it looks like it’s between the centre console and the fan motor.

Image Image