Citroen C5 Headlight Problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

way

Citroen C5 Headlight Problems

Post by way »

I cannot get the main beam on, the dipped beam works and everything else works except the headlight flasher. I have checked and no fuse in the two fuse boxes is blown. I have had the bulbs changed and the high/main beam still does not work but the garage said they suspected a bad headlight switch and it is £300 for the part from the Citroën Dealer. Any ideas of what might be wrong and other less expensive ways of fixing this problem? Is there a relay attached to the headlight system that can be changed? Does the switch normally go bad and can it be fixed or is it better to get a used one instead of a new one?
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

The chain from the switch to the light is long and complicated and depends on the spec of the car. Basically a signal from the switch goes to the BSI either as discrete data or on a data bus depending, the BSI in turn drives relays on the Relay Unit under the bonnet, via a data bus.

You really need a man with a Lexia to read all the ECU's involved as the problem could be in any one of those three units.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC