Xantia oil leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Xantia oil leak

Post by froggy »

Hi, I"ve got a nasty oil leak around F1, Any ideas ? what gaskets will Ineed. any help gratefully recieved.
cheers Terry
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Terry,

I moved this thread fro the SuperSticky area and as you posted there I guess by "F1" you mean the short rubber coupling that connects the turbo pipe to the inlet manifold proper after reference to the picture in the "Know Your Engine" thread...

This is a common enough place for an oil leak and is either due to loose Jubilee clips or the rubber having become soft and perished over time due to oil contamination. Sometimes over-enthusiastic tightening of the Jubilee clips causing damage.

Have the coupling off, clean it and carefully reassemble, not doing the clips up too tightly.

Oil in this area is perfectly normal; it's condensate from crankcase fumes being sucked into the inlet tract.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Xantia oil leak

Post by froggy »

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the imfor. Iwill let you know how I get on .
cheers Terry.