Eurovox Head Unit Removal/Examination

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Eurovox Head Unit Removal/Examination

Post by addo »

OK, I'm slightly stuck. :?

How do you remove the Eurovox head unit in a 605? When fitted to Peugeots, does it have a retainer bracket or strap to the rear, accessed from underneath? I'm guessing later 405s and many Xantias shared pretty much the same unit (boxy LCD screen to the LHS, cassette slot up top and stacker in the boot).

The side catches are no problem; plenty of wire around to unlatch them.

Cheers for any help. I am trying to get to the bottom of it's odd behaviour (no aerial command, no code request even though it says security coded, doesn't stay on long).
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I cannot see anything in the diagrams, although they are patchy to say the least.

They just show the usual cage around it and not a lot else.

I wonder if its bolted on with the central bolt to a vertical bracket.

If you can remove something either above or below and see that may help. Sorry that's not much help.

They are quite tightly fitted on this age of car though. I thought my 205 one was bolted in but it just really needed persuading a bit.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Thanks for looking into it. Agree that the diagrams are vague!

Yes, I'm fairly certain now there is a stud or nut in the back of it. Think I may investigate from the passenger side, first removing the console side carpet.

Heat here has made many PSA plastics of this era very brittle; one proceeds with caution. :lol: If the internal memory button cell is replaced and no change, at least I'll have been able to note the serial etc to try punching in codes.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

addo wrote:Heat here has made many PSA plastics of this era very brittle; one proceeds with caution. :lol: .
This is very true, although age is a good factor too. I do keep plenty of superglue in case of emergency :oops:

You're welcome. I could stick the diagram on photobucket later if you want but its just a generic radio picture with the cage around it not a lot else, hence not doing it earlier. I looked at the latest one as I think that's correct.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG