Xantia ABS ECU

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acrowot
My Cars:

Xantia ABS ECU

Post by acrowot »

Can anyone tell me were this is located.
Xantia 1996TD SX
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Please ignore this post I have found the ECU, testing the sensors from the socket on the ECU it iddicates thet the sensor on the passenger side rear is open circuit. Now the wheel bearing on this side is noisy and I do intend to change it, does anyone think these two faults could be related?. I have not had the wheel off yet, only got the car yesterday, it is for my son but has one or two faults that need sorting first.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

possible the rear wheel bearing is so worn the toothed wheel has hit the ABS sensor I suppose. I would have thought the wheel would be wobbling all over the place for it to have got this bad.
This will be readily apparent when you inspect it.
Jeremy
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

I have now removed the wheel there does not appear to be any play or roughness in the bearing at all and I am now wondering if this is causing the problem that I have. I have only had this car for one day and I did know that it had a problem when I bought it (price reduced accordingly). There is a noise that occurs a sort of drumming noise that starts around 30mph and gets louder with increasing speed, it does appear to come from the area of the rear passenger wheel (I have had someone sitting in the back and they confirm this). The previous owner said the rear passeger side wheel bearing needed replacing (did not volunteer this information, I had to grill him, nicely of course). Are there any other sorces of noise from this area?.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Of course the wheel was tight when you removed it wasn't it?
What are the subframe mounts like? Is the exhaust touching anything?
Is there any lining left on the brake pads?
Jeremy