p reg citroen synergie

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

p reg citroen synergie

Post by dave2011 »

hi all. im a new member with a troublesome synergie lol.ive got a p reg synergie that the tensioner pully has decided to sieze snapping the aux belt and ive no idea on how the belt was routed? any ideas guys? :? its a xud engine i believe but theres more than one type and from what i can gather the belts run differntly. oh n its the no air con model. cheers all. :wink:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome

im not sure on the route for your aux drive belt, but is the engine still running normaly, as it hes been know quite offten for this belt when let loose to worm its way into the cam belt cover, and cause the cam belt to jump some teeth,

i would be enclined to whip of the cam belt covers just to make sure there aint any remnants of the aux belt in there,

regards malcolm
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers citronut. :) tbh theres alot of jobs that need doing on the car as its been poorly maintained by the previous owner including the removal of the diesel pump and refurbing as its leaking........new cam belt and waterpump n tensioners and new aux belt and tensioner and many other jobs that will be getting tackled over the next few months.is there a certian way the belt goes in direction like a tyre? or dont it matter. :wink:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

what i was saying is that if the aux drive belt goes it can and does get up into the cam belt cover, which can also cause the cam belt to jump slip teeth, then also damage/bend valve's,

the usual direction the fit any belt is with the makers name and ref No.'s the right way up whilst viewing from the cam belt end of the engine,

regards malcolm
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers citronut 8-) the car ran n still runs fine but its undrivable at the min due to the belt missing but i bought a belt today and i have to remove the old tensioner as there is 2 types for my car....... one at 42 quid n one a 87 quid :shock: knowing my luck it will be the most expensive one. :roll: