Probably a dumb question, C8 Roof Bars

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonkw
My Cars:

Probably a dumb question, C8 Roof Bars

Post by jonkw »

Well, it's been a long time time since I was on here. Anyway, if I may could I appeal to those with more brains than me about my recently acquired C8 SX?

I bought a set of genuine Cit aero roof bars from the bay of E a few weeks ago, the sort that sit as a pair at the back of the roof like a spoiler. I think that they were an optional extra (dealer fit) ans standard on the VSX. Anyway, I can see that there is a button to each side of the bars that is pressed to slide them along the roof channel into position. Problem I have is that my car has solid rubber inserts along the roof channels, and, a C8 that I looked at in a car park had like slots in the rubber insert to allow the bars to ft and slide.

Has anyone ever retro fitted the aero roof bars to a C8 or 807? I'm not sure whether I need to order the rubber inserts to mske the things fit, or, could I just cut some long slots in the existing ones with a blade or something :shock:

Any replies gratefully received. Hello to any old school forum members that may remember me from back in the day, and may I say how well Jim and the team are doing. The Forum looks great.

Jon
Citroen only since 1984.
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Re: Probably a dumb question, C8 Roof Bars

Post by miked »

I can't believe I missed this question last year, only noticed it searching C8/807 questions.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but yes I remember you. I seem to recall you invented this forum. :notworthy: I do hope you are still lurking.

You will by now have figured out how the roof bars fit, but if anyone else stumbles across the question, our 807 is parked outside with factory fitted bars. There is no rubber to be seen in the channels so I think you just get rid all together.