removing alternator belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philip17

removing alternator belt

Post by philip17 »

Salut,
I'm changing the timing belt on my 2001 Citroen Jumper (that's a Relay in the UK). I've hit a problem before I've hardly started. I need to slacken the lock nut and then the adjusting bolt on the power steering adjuster pulley to remove the alternator/power steering belt but the lock nut seem impossible to access, has anybody got any tips or ideas please?
Philip
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'm not aware of the arrangement on these, however:

Can you not access through the wheel arch ? , you might need to remove or part remove a plastic liner.

The other one I can remember there's a plastic plug about 20mm in the inner wing, you pull this out from the wheel arch and then you can get a socket / extension in, I do not think this applies to yours though.

Hopefully that might help a bit.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
philip17

Post by philip17 »

Salut,
Thanks for the fast reply.
She's up on axle stands with offside wheel off plus bumper off etc so I;m accessing from the side as you say. The problem is the adjustment bolt which I need to slacken comes down through a metal lug on the top of the adjstment pulley and the locking nut is behind this lug. God knows how you're supposed to get in to slacken it but I don't think he's a member of this forum!