R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
R9UKE

Re: R9UKE's French Car Blog...

Unread post by R9UKE »

I do. If I had more space, I would have kept a few more - A C5 V6, the 540i, Espace V6, Volvo 440 to name a few. Meggy's been with me from the very beginning!

The Avantime was being prep'd for MOT. Wheel bearing, track rod ends, steering arms, oil leak cure, headlight washer jets. It's taken so long as the wrong parts have been sent from France twice. Plus I made the mistake of telling him to take his time. Really can't wait to get her back, been watching the video I took of her before she left a lot recently!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
French is best.
lexi
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by lexi »

I wasn't wrong about Almera then after all. I don't like Jap cars built anywhere cept Japan or Ohio.
That bloody Nissan has Valeo gear on it. Engines though are built in Japan for Nissan by Aitchi.

I am liking the Vel Satis. I would not even have noticed it if not for your blog. What is it though? Like nothing else I suppose.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

Good video Luke, love that interior ... well the car really 8-) :-D Certainly something I would be hanging on to.

Almeras are awful, dull, boring and not reliable either. It being built in Sunderland probably didnt help,not really Jap quality perhaps!?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

Your Megane is not looking happy at all Luke, what a mess :(

Mindless vandals! How come they left your satnav? There also appears to be a car key on the drivers seat?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
KP

Unread post by KP »

LOL Love the laguna immobiliser sounds :D Proper posh french person trying to speak english that one :)

The volvo was real retro mind, even had the engine start noise of a zillion year old swedish tank, why do they all sound like that?!?

Where are the pics of this new Audi then....
R9UKE

Unread post by R9UKE »

Lexi, I presume you mean the Avantime? Madness is what it is. Total French madness. "Coupéspace" was the buzz word behind it.

KP - You like your 4X4s, don't you? What do you think of the BMW X6? It's my lottery win daily drive in my big plans. Yes... the voice gets VERY annoying when the car constantly thinks the boot is open when it's not!! Oh and.... got a lovely email this morning. YOUR MOTORHOG ACCOUNT HAS BEEN ACTIVATED. Now excuse me if I do some comfort buying due to the following....

Chris - They must have smashed my sat nav in the middle of it all then just left it. Passenger leather seat is torn from whatever they threw through the window. I'm devastated.

Looks much worse in real life. I'm very protective of my leather!

French is best.
Deanxm

Unread post by Deanxm »

so this happened while it was at the garage awaiting the accident damage repair? so sorry for you Luke its just aweful.
I take it she is a writeoff now though...........

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
R9UKE

Unread post by R9UKE »

Yep! It had just been assessed and was waiting repair. Scumbags. I'm still awaiting it's fate.
French is best.
lexi
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by lexi »

Sorry to see that damage Luke. I meant the Avantime yes.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
R9UKE

Unread post by R9UKE »

Thanks. Broke my heart. What can you do though, these things happen.

Well Motorhog seems to have timed this very nicely. Mégane with EVERY possible extra. Xenons, sat nav, cruise, full beige leather. A write off doesn't seem so bad now....

http://auctions.motorhog.co.uk/vehicle_ ... alue=55991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
French is best.
Deanxm

Unread post by Deanxm »

R9UKE wrote:Yep! It had just been assessed and was waiting repair. Scumbags. I'm still awaiting it's fate.
:evil:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
KP

Unread post by KP »

I do like them indeed, very safe I think, see miles over the traffic and even lorries don't bother to argue with you on the roads, when your in the right that is!!!

Was the initial assessment of the meg a write off then Luke?? As has been said above they will try and wriggle out of it but get the 1st insurance co to do their bit and put you back as you were and the repair place to do the rest.. Full respray should cover it ad leather repairs are quite cheap these days :-)

Or buy the other one and get them to repair it for you FOC to make up for the old meg being attacked in their care?? Always worth a try!!
KP

Unread post by KP »

That meg doesn't look too bad. You could fly over and drive it to a vic check, then MOT, then home the next day and have a holiday of it :-)

As for an x6 there aren't many about and they seem to drop a fair amount of money for a BMW so it leads me to think owners generally aren't impressed with them as there are usually better cars out there for the money, x5's come to mind and even sc ffrr's ate getting cheaper now. Even an early ffrr HSE can be had for £7k now!! A lot of metal and toys for the money I reckon.
robert_e_smart

Unread post by robert_e_smart »

I have been looking at 02 Reg Range Rovers and was surprised to see how cheap they were.

Luke, buy that Meggy and get some fake French plates up, and they will think you are a Parisian!
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
KP

Unread post by KP »

At that age Robert it could be a very late p38 or a very early l322 :-)