Xantia Rear Wheel Bearing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acrowot
My Cars:

Xantia Rear Wheel Bearing

Post by acrowot »

I intend to change the passenger side rear wheel bearing,any tips or pitfalls to be aware of?
Xantia 1995 SX TD
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

After taking the pads out, put the pad retaining bolt back in before unbolting the caliper from the trailing arm, or it will fall in half.
Watch out for the abs sensor.
Dave
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

If the set up is the same as the BX you'll need a puller to get the inner race off, I've been using a Clarke Knife edge puller for some time Product Code: 040210496 about ?23 inc Vat. There are other ways involving welding bits onto the inner, using a Dremel to grind through it etc but I reckon its worth the dosh to save the hassle, an ordinary 3 leg puller wont do it because you can't get behind it.
Pete
________
Mercedes-benz 600 history
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Pete -
Any change of a website for that Clarke puller ?
Even living overseas - it's no doubt such a puller tool I've been looking for - for ages.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Anders
Clarke tools own the Machine mart chain - their full catalogue can be found on the site below. I think the Clarke range may be larger. Sorry - don't know if they export.
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/index.asp
Jeremy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Found it [:p]
Thanks J [^]
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Sorry about that Anders should have put the site address in, Have you found out if they Export?
If not I could get you one and post it if it would help
Pete
________
Sex Tube
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Pete -
No problem - found it - "with a little help from my friends ..." [^]
Pete - that's indeed a very kind offer from you [8)][:I]
However I think they accept overseas orders - at least they have an email service for outside UK mainland customers.
Their main problem is of course not being able to predict p&p cost anywhere in the world - which probably means they have to produce a special order item (& retail price) - in order to let overseas customers use their standard secure site pay service.
Thanx anyway [^]
EDD

Post by EDD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by acrowot</i>

I intend to change the passenger side rear wheel bearing,any tips or pitfalls to be aware of?
Xantia 1995 SX TD
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I had a lot of bother removing the disc from the hub,it was very tight, I ended up placing a length of flat bar ,50mm*12mm*350mm long,across the protruding edge of the hub and "G" clamping the ends to the disc then give the the centre of the flat bar a good blow with a hammer.
Watch out because there are two types of bearing with ABS the only differance being the dust seal.
EDD