Xantia hard ride

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Xantia hard ride

Post by froggy »

Hpotholei,
My 1997 Xantia"s ride is now very hard. I seem to feel every pothole in the road
Anybody got any ideas ?
cheers Froggy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's likely the spheres are flat Froggy, they have roughly about a three year lifetime before they need replacing. First thing to do is to replace them and see how the ride is then.

This thread may be of interest as well.

What model of Xantia is it? If it's a VSX or Exclusive with Hydractive suspension then there may be other reasons for a hard ride specific to Hydractive models.

For a guide on sphere changing, look here. It really is a job you can do yourself with not too much difficulty...

If the car is Hydractive, let us know and some more diagnostics will be given...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

When you do change the spheres, take note of the LHM's colour.
I replaced a friend's rear spheres this morning and his LHM was dark brown instead of the "predator blood" green that fresh LHM is.
His car had done just over 100K and never had it's LHM changed let alone flushed with hydrarincage (hydroflush) despite being dealer serviced throughout it's life!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool