Height Corrector Hydraulics Overhaul Guide

Handy links to other sites (car related) suggested by members

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Height Corrector Hydraulics Overhaul Guide

Post by CitroJim »

A guide to stripping the hydraulic assembly of the height corrector specific to the Xantia only can be found here.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

Hi Jim

Thanks for the guide, me and my dad attacked mine this evening, check out the picture below, absolutely disgusting! I don't know if you want to use this photo as your 'bad case'? :lol:

Something I feel I should point out though, the two bolts that hold the height corrector to the subframe have an amount of adjustment in them. When we bolted the height corrector back onto the car without really thinking about this adjustment the ride height was too low, so undoing the bolts and pushing the corrector towards the front of the car had the effect of raising the ride height back to where it should be.

But then again our bolts were some stupid size like 5/16"... Our metric ones wouldn't fit! So that could be the reason for that if the 'adjustment' (slop) is not normal?

This was before we soaked up the excess LHM:

And this was after we'd soaked up most of the excess LHM - niice..