Brake upgrade for Citroen Evasion.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XIAOMA

Brake upgrade for Citroen Evasion.

Post by XIAOMA »

hi all,
i need some advice .
felt that brake not enough grip for a heavy MPV .
any idea or experince to upgrage the brake ?

Thanks
fynnbar

Post by fynnbar »

First thing to do is check which setup you have. There are three options - 257, 281 and 285mm discs. You need the 281 or 285 and then the calipers to match (best from the scrap yard).
Then fit EBC Green Stuff pads or other equivelant. This will show an improvement, obviously.
More modifications will require more money. You can fit 406 Coupe or 807 V6 Brembo calipers to the larger discs. You will need 807 V6 alloys to clear the calipers, but they are as readily available as hen's teeth.
406 Coupe calipers tend to squeal badly, whatever you do.
807 V6 discs can be used too (think they're about 300mm) as they're also 5-stud.
2004 Dispatch 110 HDi
XIAOMA

Post by XIAOMA »

fynnbar wrote:First thing to do is check which setup you have. There are three options - 257, 281 and 285mm discs. You need the 281 or 285 and then the calipers to match (best from the scrap yard).
Then fit EBC Green Stuff pads or other equivelant. This will show an improvement, obviously.
More modifications will require more money. You can fit 406 Coupe or 807 V6 Brembo calipers to the larger discs. You will need 807 V6 alloys to clear the calipers, but they are as readily available as hen's teeth.
406 Coupe calipers tend to squeal badly, whatever you do.
807 V6 discs can be used too (think they're about 300mm) as they're also 5-stud.
Thanks for your reply .
now i'm using 281.
i cant get the coupe and V6 's caliper here ..
just wonder other's caliper will fit ?

Thanks again
fynnbar

Post by fynnbar »

You can get many calipers to fit, just a matter of making an adapter plate from 1/4" steel or Duralumin plate, or machined out of a solid block if it needs stepping.
However, the main problem is clearance between the caliper and the wheel. If you've got steel wheels, then you'll only be able to fit the single-piston type calipers like you've got already. There is no room for opposed-piston calipers, which is what you need for an improvement really.
This tends to mean that you'll get no noticeable improvement over what you have already.
2004 Dispatch 110 HDi
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

Going with EBC GreenStuff pads is a good place to start though.
They are quite a fair bit better than OEM pads I find.

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/info.asp
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil: