peugeot 1.9d gearbox

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jackel

peugeot 1.9d gearbox

Post by jackel »

Hi all ive purchased a peugeot partner 98 1.9d non turbo. the gearbox is nackered no 1st / 2nd / reverse / neutral 3rd gear is neutral. checked all linkages nothing wrong at all from what i can see.

anyway i have a turbo diesel gearbox just wanted to no how much higher geared they are as i no the non turbo diesel are very slow anyway just don't want to make it worse lol.

also what other cars have this same gearbox i have be3n gearbox with xud engine
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Most of the TD's share the same box. The linkages might be different on some such as Expert vans but most of them are the same.

Be aware there's a push or pull type clutch.

I think the final drive is the same but the gearing (esp 1 / 2 are different) although I cannot find the specs at the moment.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
jackel

Post by jackel »

spider wrote:Most of the TD's share the same box. The linkages might be different on some such as Expert vans but most of them are the same.

Be aware there's a push or pull type clutch.

I think the final drive is the same but the gearing (esp 1 / 2 are different) although I cannot find the specs at the moment.
hi there if you are refering to were the clutch cable goes then it's a pull type, thanks for that

so do you think i would be ok with the td gearbox on then
spider

Post by spider »

It will be OK, I think its slightly higher geared not lower. As long as its a BE3 for a diesel you will probably be fine.

I do know if you fit a petrol gearbox to a diesel you run out of revs very quickly although it is very fast off the mark.
Andy.

jackel

Post by jackel »

thanks for help on that. ive found a gearbox on ebay out of a 306 1.9d, i asked him for the engine code and he said it is a - djy - anyone heard of this as ive googled it and it brings nothing up. looks like the exact same engine as mine. do you think the gearbox will be
jackel

Post by jackel »

from what i can make out he ment dhy. whats the diiference?
spider

Post by spider »

That's just its designation.

D9B = 306 Depol 19-5 (cannot remember the year)
DJZ = 306 Depol US 97 (basically up to 1994)
DJY = Depol 95 (1994 on)
DHY = Turbo engine

They are all XUD's ;) the designation is nothing to worry about. Apart from the turbo unit which is different its tiny things like minor changes to oilways in the block or different castings internally. You would really struggle to tell the difference between a DJZ and DJY.
Andy.

jackel

Post by jackel »

spider wrote:That's just its designation.

D9B = 306 Depol 19-5 (cannot remember the year)
DJZ = 306 Depol US 97 (basically up to 1994)
DJY = Depol 95 (1994 on)
DHY = Turbo engine

They are all XUD's ;) the designation is nothing to worry about. Apart from the turbo unit which is different its tiny things like minor changes to oilways in the block or different castings internally. You would really struggle to tell the difference between a DJZ and DJY.
thanks for that. youve been very helpful which has helped me out loads, im picking this gearbox up from this 306 next week so hopfully the old van will live again
spider

Post by spider »

You're welcome.

I don't have a list of what is different. Obviously the turbo engine is a lot different internally (oil cooling jets for the pistons, different crank etc)

But the N/A units I'm not that sure, its tiny internal improvements generally. You may find breather pipes are moved slightly etc but that's about all you will see with the differences on the N/A units.

As far as I am aware anyway :)
Andy.