shuddering at tickover

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

shuddering at tickover

Post by johntom »

Hi
my 2004 2.0 hdi has developed a juddering/vibration when started first thing in a morning. The rev counter doesnt fluctuate but the whole car feels as though it is shuddering. This happens sometimes at junctions during stop/start driving, but is always there first start of the day. I have noticed that the digital temperature gauge in the mileage dispay shows 4 out of the 6 rings (0000oo) when started from cold, is this normal or does the car think the engine is already warm ?
wright
My Cars:

Re: shuddering at tickover

Post by wright »

the rings are your oil level
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Try putting some diesel injector cleaner in your tank, could be injectors are a little clogged which shows more when cold. My car used to do this I put some injector cleaner and disabled the EGR valve, now its much smoother.

As wright says the rings represent your oil level, however I've found this to be highly unreliable on my C5, some mornings it says full, some empty, all the while checking the dipstick reveals no change in the oil level.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
yes i realised that the rings were oil not temperature soon after posting, then felt a bit stupid !

I have tried a bottle of injection cleaner but no difference?

I noticed that the engine was actually moving front to back when the car was juddering. If it was an engine mount wouldn't it do it all the time ?