can anybody help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eyes

can anybody help

Post by eyes »

im still having trouble with my xsara hdi , first it would keep running when the key was removed and now it will not start sometimes

i have plugged the car in to a fault code reader but with no joy

does any body know a way of testing the sensors like the fuel pressure valve on the back of the pump as i would start here but there 150 quid

cheers sean
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Sean I know nothing about hdi's but that sounds like a dodgy ingition lock, could give both those symptoms?
John
eyes

Post by eyes »

thanks

i know what your saying and i did think that my self at first

although when the car keeps running after the key is removed, all the ignition lights stay on but once stalled they go out, so i pressumed if the barrel was stuck they would stay on

and when it will not start the ignition lights are on and it turns over no problem

so i dont know maybe it is the barrel im worn out with it

sean
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

You need to get it plugged into a Lexia that can read live data, and see what the fuel rail pressure is doing - have a look at the Lexia locations sticky thread to see where your nearest one is. It won't fire the injectors till it sees 120 bar, and it won't shut down till it sees 120 bar again (idle pressure should be 297 bar). The pressure regulator is the most likely culprit, if you take it out you might find some crap or swarf on the end of it then is causing mayhem.
Richard W