Locking the boot with battery removed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaf
My Cars:

Locking the boot with battery removed

Post by Jaf »

Is there a way to lock the boot when the battery's disconnected? The only way I can think to lock it is to connect the battery, lock the car and then disconnect the battery...but all my tools are in the boot, which would then be locked. Argh.
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No, sadly not.

The only way in would to be to drop down the back seat and go into the boot that way...

MK1 Xantias had a keyhole on the tailgate but as it is seldom used it often seizes solid...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

lock the car with battery on then diconect the battery, then you can still open one of the front doors with the key if need be and the rest of the car will stay locked,

you can always go in through a back door and till a rear seat to get to your tools, beside's you will only require a 10mm sppaner which you could leave in the cab/glove box

regards malcolm