flashing light on dash - xsara 1 hdi 90bhp

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

synchro_irl

flashing light on dash - xsara 1 hdi 90bhp

Post by synchro_irl »

hi gang

hope yer all well

im new to the forum

i have bought a 2000 xsara 1 2.0 hdi 90 bhp, with 110k miles on clock

i picked it up l2 weeks ago and the day i bought it, it started flashing 'stop' and a red light next to the temperature gauge, starts to falsh after coming off the autobahn (im in germany, the car is german) and when i do any bit of speed below 80km/h, at the start it did it consistently everytime i came into areas where speedlimit was below 80kmh,

the day after i went to a Citroen dealer and got a diagnostics readout, saying that there was a problem with the fans, the small one wasn't coming on at all, and the big one was trying to come on but never actually came on

so i sent it to the garage since, and they clamimed they fixed it saying a switch needing replacing - they said it was the fan.

since yesterday the same light came on under the same conditions, under 80kmh etc, but only sometimes now, not consistently, like it did before it went to the garage.

here is a video i made the day i bought the car, i.e. when these lights used to come on consistenyl whenever i traveled slower than 80kmh:

http://www.youtube.com/user/welle410#p/ ... nUTak_IVFA

i love the car, but this is dissappointing, i really want to get it fixed asap.

any advice at all would be great,

Thanks very much,
Ed