ZX 1.4 intermittent cutting out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gtelee

ZX 1.4 intermittent cutting out

Post by gtelee »

Hi fellas any help would be appreciated! I bought a little ZX 1.4 about six weeks ago of flEabay as a cheap runabout. Initially the car ran very poor when cold but improved when warmed up, that was untill the battery was changed (packed up one morning!) after this it ran alot better except for a slightly lumpy tickover occasionally( a blip of the throttle would cure this?). However following a long trip it started cutting out after periods of coasting or accelerating from roundabouts, it feels just like fuel starvation at low Rpm's and can some times be thrashed beyond it! The harder you drive it the less it seems to do it? The Ecu warning light only comes on when it has cut out and stopped altogether and at no other times. Any ideas??
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Looks like classic symptoms of a blocked passage in the throttle body or a duff ADI unit.

Failing that, might be a duff injector.

Handyman
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if it lumpy on tick over it could also be spark plug/s, or coil pack,

were abouts are you

regards malcolm
gtelee

Post by gtelee »

Hi guys, i've had the elbow off the throttle body and much to my amazement it all looked in v.good. The tickover is only lumpy sometimes, usually after it's been allowed to idle for a while? What is the IDC valve? By the way the big pain is this fault is very random and intermittent!
gtelee

Post by gtelee »

Sorry ADI unit not IDC!!!!