Coolant problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hypnoman

Coolant problem

Post by Hypnoman »

Hi,

Had the curry smell so suspected heater matrix. Not losing much coolant but enough to niggle. I put in a Holts radweld and drove about a mile when the coolant blew out of the expansion bottle. Now it seems to be pressurising very quickly. Would suspect head gasket if problem hadn,t developed so quickly. Could putting in radweld cause this if so how?

Thanks in advance.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Unlikely unless it blocked it completely.

Its more likely an airlock has caused that, either the airlock is still present or the airlock itself has finished the HG off.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

What engine Mr. Hypnoman?

Knowing the engine, we can suggest a few tests to carry out to determine if the head gasket has bitten the dust and how to bleed the system properly.

Just my opinion but Radweld is not good in modern engines; it can block fine passages.

The two that are recommended are K-Seal ()a coppery solution) and Forte Stop Leak, a sort of milky concoction that has natural fibres in it, possibly bamboo. The Forte one is excellent despite its appearance and contents.

Having used Radweld, I'd be very tempted to flush it out as sooon as you can. I stress just a personal opinion.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

If this is a 406 and it is the matrix, I wouldn't bother with any forms of sealant.

Getting to the matrix in a 406 simply requires removal of the glovebox and the under trim - and thats it!
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
Hypnoman

Head gasket

Post by Hypnoman »

CITROEN BERLINGO 600 HDI LX. Feel sure it's the HG. feel capable odf doing the job myself but does anyone know of any unusual problems that I might come across..

Thakks again.