Picasso revelation!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Picasso revelation!

Post by RichardW »

Having looked up a few things recently on service.citroen I have found out that early Picassos (pre about 2004) are NOT multiplexed 8-) So no COMS2000, BSI etc to worry about! The change over can be ID by the stalks going from squared off similar to Xantia to rounded (of COMS2000) like Xsara MK2s.

Cue deluge of posts saying "Yes, everybody knows that, are you slow or what?" Probably.... :roll:
Last edited by RichardW on 25 Jan 2011, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Richard W
C.J.
My Cars:

Re: Picasso revalation!

Post by C.J. »

RichardW wrote:Having looked up a few things recently on service.Citroën I have found out that early Picassos (pre about 2004) are NOT multiplexed 8-) So no COMS2000, BSI etc to worry about! The change over can be ID by the stalks going from squared off similar to Xantia to rounded (of COMS2000) like Xsara MK2s.

Cue deluge of posts saying "Yes, everybody knows that, are you slow or what?" Probably.... :roll:
Not what I was led to believe when it was released back in June 2000.
I actually bought one of them back then, and it was actually used by Witter Tow Bars in Deeside to design the tow bar for them (got mine for free as a consequence)
They didn't fit the electrics however, so I took it into my Citroen dealer that I purchased it from.
The mechanic mentioned to me that they'd never done elecrics on a multiplex system before, and several phone calls had to be made to technical services at Citroen UK to complete the job apparently, so make of that what you wish. :?
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Not so im afraid, all xsara picassos are multiplexed & all of them have a BSI. Up untill around 2002 they only had comfort VAN multiplexing (basically stuff inside the car and just one network) then when com2000 was added it changed to Bi VAN/CAN multiplexing with 4 networks which also connected all the under bonnet stuff together like injection, ABS & autobox & it became a bit more advanced.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Cheers wheeler!

I was looking at keys the other day and it says for early cars 'Except BSI COM 2000' and then when I was looking at air bag rotary connectors today it says 'without multiplexing'.

Incidentally Citroen seem to have gone from RP to DAM - am I correct in interpreting it as the same 5 digits at the front continuing on from RP, then the two digits at the end being the factory? Things are going to get confusing....! eg (if that's right) the change to COMM 2000 was made at different dates in different factories :roll:
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

my daughters 02 Pisssscasoooo, is non comm2000 but does have a BSI,

rgards malcolm