Performance Exhaust Manifold

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cheesesliceking

Performance Exhaust Manifold

Post by cheesesliceking »

Hi,
Does anyone know anything about Exhaust Manifolds & where i can pick up a performance one for a Citroen AX GT?
Thanks[:D]
cheesesliceking

Awwwwwwwwwwww Come on!! someone must surely know!![:(]
Jon

Post by Jon »

I know most things [:0][:I]
So I suggest that you try LAD http://www.ladmotorsport.co.uk as they were certainly modifying AX GT's for many years before turning their attention to Saxo's and the like.
The true guru's of AX GT tuning and performance parts are GMC Motorsport http://www.GMCMOTORSPORT.CO.UK who state.........
"Regarding manifolds, it is an area a lot of people, including manufacturers seem to neglect, as most exhaust manifolds resemble those they fitted 30 years ago. The main reason here appears to be cost. It is far easier and cheaper to produce a compact cast iron manifold than it is to fabricate a tubular 4-branch manifold that has to be hand built. Quite useful gains can be made with a custom-built exhaust manifold, even on a standard road car. We make a 4-1 competition manifold for the 1360cc alloy engines and another for the 1360 cc and 1587 cc steel engines. When Max Power tested our manifold on a standard AX GT 1360, it gave between 3-4 horsepower more on the Rolling Road. This may not sound much but it must be remembered that a std. AX only gets circa 57 BHP at the wheels, so this equates to a 7 percent increase in power. It should also be remembered that any competition part like this will work more efficiently when more modifications are made."
It costs £160.00
That should be the job for you I reckon.[^]
cheesesliceking

Nice one matey, I'd seen the GMC site, just wondered if N E 1 out there had had any experience in this matter, I've sent them emails but they dont seem to want to answer them! DOH
Thanks Jon I'll try LAD[:D]
Cheers Antony