picasso front wheel?? cracking sound..now abs sensor??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

picasso front wheel?? cracking sound..now abs sensor??

Post by deano1970 »

ok, the picasso is now not making any odd noises. A new shock absorber was required in the end,although it wasn't broken. Now, a day or two before it went in (again) to be fixed,I got a "abs fault-non function" warning on the dash and it's still there. They plugged it in to their macine and apparently it is an abs sensor,on the front wheel that was causing all the noise. Is it possible maybe that the connecting wiring could have come loose with all the banging and shaking? Where is the sensor so I can have a look? the garage say it is probably just a coincidence and want it back on monday to fit another abs sensor,which I dont beleive to be a really expensive job,but I have not had the bill for the other work yet so I wonder if the abs sensor going on that wheel is more than co incidence,so can someone point me in the direction of where to look for this sensor and where it connects? much appreciated people.thanks,dean :) :P
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the sensor is fitted into the hub carrier and the tip pointing at the side wall/rotor/hens teeth of the CV joint, as it checks/reads the rotation speed of each wheel,

follow the wire's from the suspension leg down towards the wheel, one goes to the pad wear sensor's, the other goes to the ABS sensor,

i would sudgest they damaged the sensor whilst working on the suspesion,

regards malcolm