how to load code into saxo radio? 4 error

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dustyhorse

how to load code into saxo radio? 4 error

Post by dustyhorse »

I have been asked to get the radio workig in a friends car

it is a 53 saxo, the radio looks standard
PU2294B(D)

with a bit of luck we have the code but when you switch on the radio it just says 4 error

and no amount of pressing buttons will change it

I also dont know how to programme in the code

hope youy can help
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

Error 4 can only mean someones tried entering 'a' code 4 times & it's now locked out (you get a max of 3 attempts before it locks up), the only way round it without removing the radio & getting it re-coded is to leave the ignition switched on for a set period, i think the first lock out time delay is 15 mins but each time someone enters the wrong code it re-locks straight away & the lock out period gets much longer. To enter the code you use the 1-6 radio station buttons eg code 1324 - press button 1 once, then button 2 three times, button 3 twice & so on, i think to actually set the code into the radio you press & hold down button 6 or possibly the BND button but it's good few years since i've done one, i've not PDI's a Saxo for a good few years now :lol:

As the radio is locked out clearly someone has entered the wrong code too many times so i would guess the code you have for your is incorrect.
I believe there is a way of getting a radio code from the serial numbers on the radio's labels but i don't know how thats done.
Music keeps me going.